Monday, January 25, 2010

January Scrapbook Challenges

I’ve joined couple of January Scrapbook challenges. Here’s some of it that I’ve made…

http://websterspages.ning.com/ - January Challenge- A New Year, A New Technique!!

Mission: Try a technique that is NEW to YOU. This can be anything from creating embellishments to stamping to painting to trying digital. It doesn't have to be a new technique, just something you've never done before.

My takes: I used digital editing software to create layered text effect on photo (save money on thicker, lol…) before printing the photo out. Then I scrap the layout along the photo. It is a new hybrid layout for me and I love it! By the way, I hide my entrance ticker under the vellum envelop which can be seen as background too.








http://www.madewithlove.com.sg - Sketch Challenge #1 

The rules as following;
1) Create a 12 X 12 layout
2) Follow all or some of the design elements in the sketch
3) Use any brand of products you love, in whatever combination of colours you like.



Here’s my take on Sketch Challenge 1, I rotated the sketch 90degree for my landscape photo’s placement. I like this photos’ graffiti background, it was taken in Yogyakarta (Jogja) street where we rented a motorbike to roam around the city. So I used a lot of transport & graffiti elements in this layout.








http://inspiredblueprints.ning.com/

Sketch 39

My takes: A simple & straight forward layout based on sketch 39. I love these photos of me in front of the street mural in Yogyakarta (Jogja), because I wear the same color scheme as the artwork on the wall! Blue, white & black, which has turn up to be my layout’s color scheme too.






Sketch 40 

My takes: I like to play Japanese coin machine because it is not expensive, simple to operate (make 3 turns only, LoL…) and come as a surprise since you won’t know what is inside the ball. This has inspired me to make the circle like the coin machine dial. This layout is about I & Eileen are playing the Hello Kitty merchandise’s coin machine in the street of Nara, Japan. It’s so cute, isn’t it?







There’s still a week to go before the end of January. I saw MWL come out with Sketch Challenge #2 and I am definitely on for the game. I already have picture in mind, just got to get it done before the closing date. Stay tune...

No comments:

Post a Comment