Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Year 2009: Top 10 LO in my eyes - *Travel* Categories

And here’s the top 10 LO about my traveling / trips to difference places for the past few years

1.I bought my first set of kimono in Kobe for attending Joan’s Japanese wedding in 2006. It’s Sakura blossom month and I was so excited! This is my first time participle the sketches challenge in Inspired Blueprints and this is also the first I trying to do paper quilling and incorporate it into a layout. I really have fun doing it.



2. January winter—a short break for 4 days @ Prague. Although I was alone, but standing in front of beautiful Dancing House make me feel like I have “him” as a company… can’t help myself & start taking photo with “him”…





3.Graphic 45 Transatantique collection paper inspired me to scrap one of my old photo taken during a day trip to Deutsches Museum, Munich in Jan 2007. Basically use very limited materials; one paper, one cardstock and some left over corrugated board. Paint it, ink it and stamp it, viola!



4.I make a day trip to Munich football stadium, where they hosted the world cup in 2006. I like the arena stadium at night because it was lighted up and change color! So I try to use simple, very graphic approach to bring out the beauty of the arena stadium in Munich. This is also my first time trying out Utee to make the crack strips at home and I end up burning my finger!



5. This is one of my old photos when I stay in China. I like the background that shows a vibrant night scene of ShenYang XiTa Street, which heavily influenced by Korean cultures. You can tell how lively the city is from the neon light, signage, and heavy traffic. So I used Sassafras papers, brads, AC cut-out Signage to reassemble the live experience of mine.





6. This layout is about my trip in Kunming, China. It show how much I love about travel and I like meeting difference people from difference background, cultures. Like their costume so much that I have copied it into my layout’s details





7. I find that this Webster’s pages very suitable for my old XIAN – terracotta’s visit photo “feel”. So for this layout; I overlaid a vellum paper and cut the butterfly to make 3D effects on paper. And I used the old coin that I got from China as part of embellishment too.

 

8.I fall in love with these Christmas window display in Osaka-Hankyu, it’s so cute and adorable!





9. A fun page about me playing in theme park at Genting Highland, Malaysia.





10. Since I only staying Jeju island, Korea a night, I was able to “squeeze” all my photos and entrance tickets, airline ticket into 2pages LO. Besides that, I also rarely do 2 pages LO, so I think it deserve to be in my top 10 ranking!



No comments:

Post a Comment